Arch Linux PPC KDELibs

So, while I’ve been trying to get kdelibs 4.3.2 built on Arch Linux PPC. I decided since Arch PPC hasn’t had any packages updated in about six months that I should probably do something crazy like grab the official Arch’s ABS to build all the packages from. Now, 130 built packages later I’m close. Perhaps I should put into perspective what was needed to be updated. The packages ranged from GCC, Binutils, & Glibc, to xulrunner, to hal, to mysql, to pygtk, to gnome-vfs. There was just a whole lot of unmet versions that I basically just had to bite the bullet and recomile all the new versions (which should probably happen in the port officially at some point.) As soon as OpenJDK is built (which it’s been doing for probably five hours so far) I’ll only have soprano to build, then I’ll be able to start doing the kdelibs build. After that I can start on the rest of the KDE 4.3 builds. In short, it’s been several days (of actual work) to get this far, but I’m glad I did. Though some packages were more a PITA than others to build…