HGE Go work

I just realized I never actually posted about why I was doing a C binding of C++. Basically I bound most of Haaf’s Game Engine (HGE) from C++ to C. I ended up getting a bit stuck on the GUI elements and getting a nice way to let them do simple inheritance and polymorphism based on the current C++ classes. This actually wasn’t a problem for my end-game which was to take that C binding and make a Go version with cgo. I had initially Continue reading →

C Bindings for C++

Lately I’ve been playing around with writing C bindings for a C++ library. Your first thought might be, “Why would you bind a C++ to C?” Those of you who have ever had to do bindings to other languages may already know the answer. In general, it’s much easier to bind C to another language than it is to bind C++ directly. Another, albeit less likely, reason might be because a client wants a C interface instead. You may be asking your self at this Continue reading →

Chipmunk Physics

I’ve been hard at work at my project which I’m yet to call by name on here (and will continue to be that way until I have a playable demo.) First, a status update. I’ve ditched the idea of doing the entire engine myself and have now migrated to HGE (Haaf’s Game Engine) which fairly recently had a port to *nix and OS X by Ryan C. Gordon. I’ve worked a bit on the engine itself after the source release and my changes were pulled Continue reading →

CrabEmu for the Didj

Well, I’m releasing what I’ll call version 0.1.0 of CrabEmu for the Didj. It includes a custom built rootfs with no questionable code from the LF distribution (for instance, their scripts for checking various things like USB connections.) This initial release requires a DJHI or other third party card that is SD capable. The SD must also have two partitions: Fat32 & Ext 3. Because of the later, you’ll also need an OS that’s able to read/write to Ext 3 file systems. The distribution itself Continue reading →

Sega Master System Coding

Besides updating my server, I’ve been quite busy with some Sega Master System (SMS from here-on-out) coding. I’ve decided to switch to SMS for now instead of Game Gear for now. It seems I’ve kind of went my own way with this project. From the looks of it, most people either use WLA-DX or, to a much lesser extent, z88dk. I don’t see too much about any other assemblers/compilers. Granted, I haven’t looked terribly hard for the topics though. So even from the get-go with Continue reading →