Tag Archives: C

C Bindings for C++

Lately I’ve been playing around with writing C bindings for a C++ library. Your first thought might be, “Why would you bind a C++ to C?” Those of you who have ever had to do bindings to other languages may already know the answer. In general, it’s much easier to bind C to another language than it is to bind C++ directly. Another, albeit less likely, reason might be because a client wants a C interface instead. You may be asking your self at this Continue reading →

CrabEmu for the Didj

Well, I’m releasing what I’ll call version 0.1.0 of CrabEmu for the Didj. It includes a custom built rootfs with no questionable code from the LF distribution (for instance, their scripts for checking various things like USB connections.) This initial release requires a DJHI or other third party card that is SD capable. The SD must also have two partitions: Fat32 & Ext 3. Because of the later, you’ll also need an OS that’s able to read/write to Ext 3 file systems. The distribution itself Continue reading →

Sega Master System Coding

Besides updating my server, I’ve been quite busy with some Sega Master System (SMS from here-on-out) coding. I’ve decided to switch to SMS for now instead of Game Gear for now. It seems I’ve kind of went my own way with this project. From the looks of it, most people either use WLA-DX or, to a much lesser extent, z88dk. I don’t see too much about any other assemblers/compilers. Granted, I haven’t looked terribly hard for the topics though. So even from the get-go with Continue reading →

Adventures in Lua Binding

I’ve mentioned before (actually, probably only in that last post) about a game I’ve been working on on and off for the last few years (I think I said three, but it’s actually been five, with it being inactive for most of that time.) I had decided long ago that it would probably be scripted with Lua and I’m just now finally getting around to experimenting with that. I’ve ultimately decided it’s going to either be using OOLua or Luabind. I’ve given both a fairly Continue reading →

Adventures in Lua Embedding

In a personal project which I’ve been working on and off on for the last three or so years (without really getting much done to be totally honest), I’ve decided to use Lua for the configuration file. The project itself is in C++, so this lead me to use the Lua C API to embed it in the project. Prior to deciding on Lua, I was using a manually parsed key/value format. The only thing to really change between the new format an the old Continue reading →

Uzebox

I’ve been sort of obsessing over Uzebox lately. Even without purchasing the hardware yet, I’m getting a pretty excited about the possibilities of this small little console. Not just from the programming aspect, but also because Fuzebox looks like a great exercise in assembling/soldering. I’ve also been considering how/where I should cut the case that Fuzebox provides in their “Starter Kit.” For instance, the one of the things I imagine I’ll be using often is the FTDI to upload code to test and play with. Continue reading →