I’ve now updated my home server to Debian 6.0. In the process I’ve decided to also switch to lighttpd from Apache HTTP. I do miss the fact that mod_chroot in Apache was able to basically take care of the dependencies for me and build the chroot daemon startup, but it wasn’t too much work to get everything up and going in a chroot. It ended up one of my plugins (Last.fm for WordPress) was causing the entire site to stall while it waited for a response, so that’s been disabled now. It’s nice having my server up and running again. It’s also running ddclient because my IP seems to change fairly frequently. All-in-all it was well worth getting set back up.
Read other posts